Fun articles on technology change that caught my interest over the last few months:
- Yes, your color printer may very well be marking every printed page as belonging to you
- Not only are land lines disappearing, growing number of people won’t answer the doorbell unless you text first
- Dropping oil prices are a worry for central bankers, even as that saves consumers bunches of money
- Amazon is developing its own delivery system
- IBM has fewer employees in the US than in India
- Google drew a multi-billion dollar fine from the EU
6/7/17 – BBC – Why printers add secret tracking dots – A large portion of color laser printers add tiny yellow dots to the page in order to allow tracking of which specific printer was used to print a specific page.
This is handy for criminal or espionage investigations. A particular leaking case is in the news, with the perpetrator having been found using microdots.
Might be handy for tracking down whistle blowers.
The espionage angle isn’t of interest to anyone reading my blog.
If you every want to keep something you print really private, you might want to pay attention.