Update 9/17/20 – Bureau of Prisons website shows Mr. Graves has scheduled release date of 5/17/43. He is still in Pekin FCI. Recap of posted release dates:
- 5/19/16 release date 12/24/43
- 10/23/18 release date 12/24/43; no change
- 8/31/19 release date 1/5/44; slippage of 12 days
- 9/17/20 release date 5/17/43; about 7½ months earlier; which is 22 years 8 months from now
He is age 44 as of 9/17/22, so he will be 66 or 67 years old at his schedule release date.
If you were reading my blog a few years ago, you recall lots of discussion of the documentary The Overnighters. The movie provides one perspective on the oil boom in Williston, North Dakota.
As you may recall, one of the main characters was a fellow by the name of Keith Graves. He was identified by the director as one of the individuals who “survived” the tumult seen during the time the movie was filmed. If you want to catch up on his story, check out this link.
Where is he now?
Subsequent developments revealed he was also trafficking women as he lived in the church and then the pastor’s basement claiming his “I’m the one you did wrong” routine with the pastor.
After release of the movie he was indicted, tried, and convicted on five counts of human trafficking, one count of drug distribution, and one count of drug possession. He was sentenced to 33 years and nine-months in federal prison.
Back in October 2018 his scheduled release date was on December 24, 2043. At that time he was in the Victorville, California Medium II Federal Correctional Institute.
As a status update, I just checked the Bureau of Prisons inmate locator. His expected release date is now January 5, 2044. That is a slippage of 12 days. If you want to check for yourself, he is listed as Keith A. Graves, register number 13523-059, age 43.
His current location is listed as the Federal Correctional Institution in Pekin, Illinois, a medium security prison with adjacent minimum security satellite camp.
Did some quick checking at the Federal Bureau of Prisons website. There are five levels of security:
- Minimum – Work camps, with minimal or no fencing on the perimeter.
- Medium – Pekin is in this category and last fall so was Victorville.
- High – Victorville is now in this category, which would be why Mr. Graves is no longer there.
- Administrative – these are pretrial detention locations and those providing specialized medical care.